Animation ProgrammerGameplay Programming / Quebec / Full -time
- Location: Quebec
- team: Gameplay Programming
- position: Full -time
- Apply for this job
With multiple awards to our name, Larian Studios has proven that we’re dedicated to delivering high-quality role-playing games. The team that created Divinity: Original Sin 2, PC Gamer’s Game of the Year 2017 and Metacritic’s top-rated PC game of 2017, is working on new projects and looking for new talents.
To take our player engagement to new and greater heights, we need your help. We want to find passionate, skillful people to join us on our next adventure and are now looking for a Animation Programmer for our Quebec studio.
• Work on all aspects of animation systems of the game: engine features, integration with gameplay and gameplay features themselves;
• Work closely together with the other departments to implement the needed components;
• Work together with the animators, tech animators, designers and gameplay programmers;
• Write robust and maintainable code;
• Be an active participant in the design and production of the game — technical side of creative team!
• Work within an international team on a daily basis, spread between multiple studios across the world
• 4+ years experience in C++;
• Excellent feel for RPG systems and gameplay in general;
• Open-minded, willing to experiment and iterate over a specific feature;
• Concepts as state machines, animation blending should be second nature;
• You are a team player and willing to take responsibility and ownership;
• Passion for making and playing games;
• Excellent software design and problem-solving skills;
• Excellent software debugging skills.
• Experience with animation trees and tools to build them;
• Experience with blueprint-like tools to create animation systems
• A professional level of written and spoken English*
Nice to Have
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or software engineering;
• Game development experience;
• Experience with motion matching and machine learning algorithms;
• Experiences with TDD
• Background in RPGs;
• Shipped game/console titles
What We Offer
• An international team of over 400 employees spread across 6 studios around the world, each of which have their own unique qualities, and maintain a small-studio feel
• An open, collaborative environment where ideas are welcome and encouraged
• A managerial team consisting of highly experienced game developers at the top of their fields
• Sharing hobbies and passions with likeminded colleagues
• Inclusive environment with many activities organized by the studios or the employees
• Commitment to making the best game possible for the fans, including listening to community feedback
We are looking for highly motivated individuals with ever-evolving skillsets and passion for player experience. If you want to contribute to making amazing RPG experiences, we would love to hear from you.
* Due to the global nature of our operations and the need to engage daily with an international team, fluency in English is essential for this position at Larian.